I've finished the quilt that will be given to my sister and her husband on their wedding day. It's been a busy summer and it seemed like I was working on this quilt for a long time.
The majority of the top was made with half square triangles, combined with a few panels of coordinating whole cloth. The back was made with whole cloth panels as well.
This was my first attempt with a new quilting pattern. I thought it was time to branch out from the reliable stipple pattern and try something with a more traditional flair. This pattern is loosely modeled after what is referred to as "Chestnut", probably named as such due to the basic shape's rounded bottom and pointy top. I have fondly renamed it "1, 2, 3", as I found myself constantly counting each of the chestnuts' triple loops when I was quilting.
I could use a bit more practice with this quilting pattern as I had a few encounters with dead ends, extra loops where they weren't supposed to be and some overlap where it wasn't intended. Fortunately, the prints used in this quilt were very helpful in concealing my inexperience with my long arm and this new technique.