My "not so" plain spoken quilt is finished, thus named as I bucked tradition and modified the piecing and assembly technique from the original pattern.
As described in an earlier post, I started with strip piecing, then pressed the seam allowances to one side before cutting my blocks. As it is so much easier to sew blocks together with the seam allowances opposing one another, I took this short cut with the favorable results of an alternating, thin strip - fat strip arrangement.
This is the second quilt that I have finished on the long arm using a flannel sheet for the backing. Once again, my machine behaved beautifully and left me with zero thread breaks and zero puckers.
It looks like I'm ready for a great summer picnic. All I need is a cold drink, some fried chicken and a good book!