I have a few projects in the works this week, hopefully I will soon have some completed items to show you. I'm working on my version of Plain Spoken; I used a strip piecing method rather than sewing the blocks individually. I purchased nine, half yard Kona Solid fabrics originally selected here, and cut three 4" and three 2" strips from each one. I randomly sewed the 4" strips and the 2" strips together then cut each assembly into five 8" blocks. I'm now on my way to the design wall, ready to arrange my 135 blocks.
I've had another project in the works for a little while, I'm making a giant pincushion to place on my coffee table, using felt, cotton fabrics and beads for embellishment. I'll let you know when it is finished.
I love looking at stacks of pieced together fabrics...ready to be sewn together!
those blocks look very calm. i must say, though, i'm surprised to hear that the plain spoken quilt wasn't supposed to be strip pieced. it's craziness to piece all of those individually!
Post a Comment